Friday, January 21, 2011

Sandy's Sunset Soiree - The Art of Entertaining



I spent a good part of today preparing for my Soiree set for tomorrow night. A couple of months back I started holding an event I've designated Sandy's Sunset Soiree at my boutique.

This year we are introducing our new company "Sandy's Savory Bites" we are classified as a Specialty Catering Company. Our Specialty? ... Hors d'oeuvres!
I don't want to get into the large, full meals or buffets (way too much work), I love to cook, everyone that knows me personally can testify how I LOVE to cook. Cooking isn't my passion, Entertaining, the Art of Entertaining -is- my passion.

Why Hors d'oeuvres? you ask. Well, Hors d’oeuvres is translated as “outside the meal”. These one to two bite morsels are meant to stimulate the palate and appetite before the main meal. Today, hors d’oeuvres events are more popular than ever because of the wide variety of attractive, artful items that can easily be created. Hors d’ oeuvres are en vogue.
Hors d’oeuvres should be small, one or two bites. They should be flavorful and well seasoned, but not overpowering to shut down taste buds. They should also be visually attractive and compliment the meal to follow, or other hors d’oeuvres to be served.
There are really only two limitations on the type of food and manner of preparation that can be used for hors d’oeuvres the chef’s imagination and the foods at his or her disposal. The greatest ingredient you can add is your creativity. So, with that in mind, I felt that catering with a specialty is best suited for me.

Normally with hors d'oeuvres are cocktails. Personally, I like a glass of wine with savory bites and that's why I pair wines with my menu.
My marketing plan, once a month hold Sandy's Sunset Soiree with complimentary wine and Sandy's Savory Bites. Word of mouth is the best advertisement.

Our evening party or social gathering is held for no particular purpose.
Sandy has earned a reputation for her ability to create spectacular settings, celebrating life’s most anticipated occasions, now she just wants to create many memorable occasions for you and all of our friends!
Our dress code: Comes as you are, Shirts & Shoes required.
No invitation needed, just stop by our boutique (748-2 W. Corbett Ave-next to Stevenson Chevrolet on Hwy 24 in Swansboro) where guests are invited to listen to, play, or dance to music and enjoy complimentary bites and cocktails.
Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment